Ten point asset maintenance challenge
Published: 05 November, 2019
Leading companies, who use assets intensively, know that effective asset maintenance is a foundation stone for long-term competitiveness.
Even today, research has shown that fewer than 2% of company sites in the UK have mastered maintenance and therefore are unable to claim to be leaders in their field or ‘World-class’.
MCP highlights its 10 Point Asset Maintenance* Challenge - where are you in terms of your current asset maintenance journey?
1. Take the following 10-point asset maintenance challenge:
2. Are you following a long-term plan to apply asset maintenance best practice and ways of working?
3. Are you confident that each physical asset has an appropriate, risk-based annual maintenance plan?
4. Are you using a planning process so that the technician’s time is planned one week in advance?
5. Are you sure you have the ‘right’ engineering spares and consumables in stock?
6. Are you confident that your asset repair/refurbish/replace decisions are optimal?
7. Is it clear that operations and project leaders care about the processes for effective asset maintenance?
8. Do operational roles include asset maintenance duties, tasks and objectives?
9. Do you apply asset maintenance key performance measures that are regularly compared to targets? Are these actively use to drive continuous improvement?
10. Are there partnering arrangements with key outsourced providers or suppliers that allow for sharing risk and rewards?
11. Are you confident that the full scope of effective asset maintenance is understood by all employees?
If your response is NO to even a few of these challenges, then an effective asset maintenance programme will deliver benefits to your organisation.
*Based on over 30 years’ experience in benchmarking major companies worldwide, The AMIS Assessment enables companies to assess accurately how their maintenance and manufacturing operation compares with their competitors.