Next generation safety relays
Published: 08 July, 2011
Rockwell Automation has expanded its portfolio of machine safety devices to help simplify choice.
The company’s portfolio of machine and process safety devices, systems and services offers a wide choice of functionality, type and technology. By drastically simplifying the range with its versatile Next Generation Safety Relays, Rockwell Automation believes it can deliver more tangible benefits to its customers as they select the appropriate solution.
Rockwell Automation has launched its next generation of safety relays – the Guardmaster Safety Relay (GSR), which have the flexibility to fulfil the majority of the requirements needed for safety related applications despite being reduced to a range of just six products. Rockwell has stressed this does not mean the rest of the existing portfolio will become obsolete.
With the range’s ability to be function-configured for simple logic tasks and having universal inputs, this much smaller range of relays can support a broad range of safety devices for a variety of applications. The universal input feature allows devices such as safety interlock switches, emergency stop switches, pressure sensitive mats and OSSD devices such as safety light curtains to use the same set of terminals. This removes the requirement for a specific safety relay for a specific type of input devices and allows simplified system design, inventory management and maintenance in the lifecycle of a system.
The six Guardmaster Safety Relays available safety relays available are:
- Safety relay with a single dual channel input and two relay outputs
- Safety relay with a single dual channel input and three relay outputs
- Safety relay with two dual channel inputs and two solid state outputs
- Safety relay with two dual channel inputs and two relay outputs
- Safety relay output expansion module with four instantaneous relay outputs
- Safety relay output expansion module with four delayed relay outputs via adjustable rotary switch
For further information, please visit: www.rockwellautomation.co.uk