Mechanic and Yard Manager
- Company Name Hultons Landscapes
- Location Cheshire
- Salary upto £35k with attractive benefits package
- Position details
To ensure all machinery and plant is in safe working order. To take responsibility for all yard based activity.
- Carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work
- Responding to equipment faults
- Diagnosing breakdown problems
- Fitting new parts and making sure equipment is working correctly
- Carrying out quality inspections on jobs
- Liaising with Operations Manager with regard to the safe use of all plant on site
- Controlling maintenance tools, stores and equipment
- Supporting in the design of maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Monitoring and controlling maintenance costs
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Supporting the delivery of health and safety policies and procedures
- Working with specialist equipment, such as programme logic controllers (PLC)
- Writing and implementing maintenance programmes
- Monitoring and mentoring apprentices
- Ensuring there is continuous cover of the machinery and equipment in case of breakdown
- Yard management which includes hard and soft landscape materials and waste management control
- Issue tools and equipment to operatives on a daily basis
- Motor vehicle City and Guilds part 1&2
- NVQ Level 3 Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to prioritise workflow
- Experience of working to a budget and controlling costs
- Diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Full clean driving license
- Ability to communicate well with others
- A good understanding of health and safety practises and the ability to support management in the enforcement of this on site
- Experience with repair of a range of machinery to include excavators, John Deere mowers and tractors. With knowledge of stihl equipment
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Highly motivated, attention to detail and ability to multi task conflicting priorities
- Have excellent communication skills including verbal and written
- Willing to Work in a Team Environment
- Flexibility in your approach to a working schedule
- Job type Mechanic and Yard Manager
- Application deadline 31st May 2016
- To apply Please email or post
- Contact name Kate Norton
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address:Barns LaneWarburtonLymmCheshireWA13 9UGUnited Kingdom
- Web Site: http://www.hultonslandscapes.com
Sign up for the PWE newsletter
To read the official BCAS Compressed Air & Vacuum Technology Guide 2016 click here
"What is the most important issue for UK manufacturers during Brexit negotiations? "
Most read articles
- When gas pressure needs a boost
- New PPE Regulation - a welcome health check
- Senior Siemens appointment strengthens...
- Recover and save?
- UK’s break from EU could threaten nuclea...
- Avoiding the perils of rolling bearing f...
- Rethink Water
- From local to cloud-based condition moni...
- Are you affected by the Medium combustio...
- Cost benefits and energy efficiencies of...